1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap psu for cheap build?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nenad, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nenad

Nenad New Member

will thermaltake litepower 450W be good enough for core2quad and gtx 560/650 or gt 640 gpu?
    i still need to buy gpu so recomend something of that range :)

2. lordraptor1

lordraptor1 New Member

I would look for something at least 650 watt for a GTX 560, I had GTX 560 Ti's but then again I was using a 1600 watt lepa PSU and it is still in use today. depending on your budget for a PSU I will tell you that you can find some of the lepa G1600-MA psu's for 100 to 175 USD shipped. after having such great experiences with my original I scoured ebay for another for an upcoming build ( by upcoming I mean as soon as I can get the rest of the parts which isn't easy on va disability LOL). I got it for $100 shipped and it was complete in the factory box and I would swear it was brand new but it was listed as used. keep in mind though if you choose to go the lep 1600 watt route that it is an older psu however It is still being manufactured today and msrp is $329.99 but as I said you can get one off ebay "used" for much less and I wouldn't have any issues using one in a core 2 quad. in fact the initial rig mine was in was a core 2 quad Q6600 oced to 3.2GHz, tri-slied gpus ( several iterations of gpus), 6 hard drives 2 optical drives floppy drive yes I put a floppy in my initial build, plus a lot of cold cathode and led lighting, that same PSU is currently running in my x58 classy 3 with 4 hdd, dual blu ray burners, i7-980x, 24 gigs of ram. and other than restarts for software upgrades/updates, or hardware change outs, the power supply has been running 24/7 for 9+ years with no issues.