1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aquacomputer Aquaero

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Glythen, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Glythen

Glythen New Member

Is there a way to extend the interface of the Aquaero 6XT screen to the control board. I see it is done with a set of pins, but is there a way to make a ribbon cable to have the control board in a more acceptable area and the screen where I would like? Ideally I would like to have the board on the back side of the case where you do your cable management, and the screen facing the side window or in one of the 5.25 bays. the way I had it before with both in the 5.25 bay was ok until I had to change some wires. I know the ideal way of building a rig is do everything right first time and then leave it. but when you do have to do any work on it, it's a nightmare. So any luck on a ribbon cable?

2. freeq

freeq Administrator Staff Member

You could try building a cable. The only Aquaero I have is built into my system, I don't want to take it out now. I probably would try unshielded single wires with crimped on contacts in order to find out how sensitive the display connection is for influences like magnetic fields and such. But I suppose it can be done.

You could contact Aquacomputer and find out what they think about extending this connection.