1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wile E First Water Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilekcmc, May 22, 2016.

1. wilekcmc

wilekcmc New Member

So I am having a hard time chosen which case I want to use:

Thermaltake core wp100 (only can find good reviews that troubles me a little)

Obsidian Series 900D (found some really great builds of this)

Cool Master HAF Stacker 935 (No longer made but can be bought in Europe)

Any thoughts on this any one?

2. Enderman

Enderman New Member

I wouldn't buy anything from Thermaltake based on how their company is doing currently.

The 900D is nice but unless you have a ton of watercooling gear to put inside of it it will look very empty.

What parts are you planning for the build?

Corsair NZXT and fractal design cases are my favourites.

3. daniel

daniel Administrator Staff Member

I also avoid Thermaltake I always have but after they started blatantly copying everyone it is final for me. Also take a look at Phanteks and Silverstone.

4. wilekcmc

wilekcmc New Member

Yea I have see the coping that thermaltake has done also the fact I cant find any negative reviews on there WP 100. So I am leaning towards D900. The computer I am building will have water cooling and is for gaming.

My goal is to buy the case I want then build the bottom half of it for water cooling and move up to the center part of the computer but I have not decided on what cpu I will use. Looking forward to see what AMD AM4 will be like or worth the money.

5. wilekcmc

wilekcmc New Member

So I picked up the Thermaltake WP100 do to cost and I have to say I do like it. Here is the list of the parts I am using so far:

Intel Boxed Core I7-6700K 4.0GHz

ASRock ATX Motherboard Z170 Extreme 7+

G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4  3200MHz (Total 32GB)

Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB SSD</span>

WD Black 2TB HD

Here are some picks of it so far long way to go.

https://goo.gl/photos/sqQnGGKzA5chRH4n7