1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSDs for Video Recording

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WolfLordTK, Dec 12, 2016.

1. WolfLordTK

WolfLordTK New Member

Hi I just waned to start talking about using SSDs for video recording I know it is possible and multiple people have done it but I want to explain more why it is plausible. [attachment file="Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 9.32.36 AM.png"] This screenshot shows that if you are recording on something that is about five megapixels 3440 x 1440 you would have frames that are about eighty kilobytes.
    [attachment file="Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 9.41.36 AM.png"] The equation in this photo is for a two terabyte drive as you can see The number is very large but that is because the rest of it is in kilobytes. The first two times sixtys on the 80 is to convert the eighty kilobytes first to the sixty frames in a second then to the sixty seconds in a minute. The plus two in that first parenthesis is for the audio oops that should have been plus twothousand but this is still pretty accurate. THe last sixty is to convert it to hours.
    [attachment file="Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 9.41.51 AM.png"] That number is how many hours of footage you could have on a two terabyte drive on average

2. WolfLordTK

WolfLordTK New Member

Oops it did not upload the photos.

3. WolfLordTK

WolfLordTK New Member

Next Image

4. WolfLordTK

WolfLordTK New Member

Final Image NOte the amount of hours it shows qould be less because of the audio so it would more likely be like 105 hours but that is still pretty good.