1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mother boards

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pl.templeton, Jan 7, 2016.

1. pl.templeton

pl.templeton New Member

hi I'm hoping some one can help me out i was planning to build new pc and was going to use asus Z10PE-D16 WS mother board witch is a duel processor mother board and has loads of pci(e)  x16 slots but ive been told that they ant compatible with the processor I want to use

I want to use 2 AMD FX-9590 Black Edition Octa Core CPU Socket (AM3+ 4.7GHz 16MB 220W I don't want to us xeon or i7 as this will blow my entire budget just on processors.

my plan is to build the basics needed for a working computer and upgrade once I can get back into work.

does any one know of a duel processor workstation mother board that has loads of pci(e) x16 slots and that is compatible with the am3+ processors ?

2. Enderman

Enderman New Member

No CPUs need to support the functionality to put more than one in a motherboard. AMD consumer CPUs do not have this feature.

The FX9590 is also one of the worst processors even a cheap i5 or i7 beats it pretty much all the time while using 3x less power.

If you have a small budget then get a 5820k and a single socket motherboard or maybe stick with Z170 platform.