1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting The RAmpage V extreme to recognise Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Steve101, May 13, 2016.

1. Steve101

Steve101 New Member

Having a few nightmare days with my new build and setup. Alot of Ram error codes . Not great with overclocking and timings I would like anywhere with a good noob guide just to get my system up and running . Ive seen one on the Asus forum but that lost me half way through. Dont scream at me for this being way out of my league but I wanted a comp that would last me years. I did manage to get Windows 10 on and booting fine but It still only recognises half my ram not the full amount. Tried all individually and all ok

Rampage V extreme

i7 5960x

64GB DDR4 3000mhz 15-15-15-35 Ripjaw

corsair AX1200 PSU

2x msi Geforce GTX 960`s

Any settings anywhere I could just copy into my bios would be very heplfull then I can start from there myself. Ive got to start and learn somwhere . Thankyou anyone in advance. For a novice this can be very daunting. I hate the bd code :)

2. blomstertj

blomstertj New Member

I've heard on some other forums that they couldn't get this board to recognize that much memory on an old BIOS.  Have you tried updating your boards BIOS to the latest version? It seems your memory is not on the Qualified Vendors List but that doesn't mean it won't work but it might take extra effort to get it working.  Start with the BIOS though before trying anything else. http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_V_Extreme/R5E_QVL.pdf