1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Danger Den Torture Rack with ethereal reservoir mounts

Discussion in 'Build Log' started by Lakeland, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Lakeland

Lakeland New Member

[attachment file="P1010445.JPG"]
    [attachment file=29537]

2. Lakeland

Lakeland New Member

Sitting for a few hours pressure testing for leaks with Dr. Drop.

3. daniel

daniel Administrator Staff Member

Hey Graham. How long have you had the DD Torture Rack?
    Cheers.

4. Lakeland

Lakeland New Member

Hey Daniel

The answer is not long. A friend wasn't using it since he became engaged . As a wedding present I donated a Be Quiet enclosure  with an ASUS hero alpha motherboard 6700k & and RX480 which I had originally cooled with an EK predator. He knew I'd been trying to locate a Dimastech testbench and kindly gave me his much neglected Torture Rack. It had a few screws missing & the stand offs had been over tightened a few times but it cleaned up really well & I managed to replace the screws and nuts although it proved too difficult to get exactly the right nuts and bolts. I've got it set up with the reservoir mounted underneath the motherboard now. I had to drop down a size to 100mm but the ethereal reservoir mount fits just perfectly. I've set it up with quick disconnects on the CPU & GPU and can also bypass liquid cooling to either  or even both components. Amazingly once you understand that although complicated the loop makes a lot more sense. I plan to put my older z170 Maximus Formula VIII and 6700k into it for testing purpose but it should be easy to swap in a different motherboard and other components to check out the red team's offerings. I should upload some more images but I've identified a leak using dr. drop to the CPU block or the quick disconnects. It's possible I've cracked the CPU block but I think it's more likely to be a slightly bad seal on one of the new fittings. I plan to give it some further scrutiny this weekend. I'm running black noise PL2 fans in push with two 240mm Bitspower (hardware labs rebadge) rads and an  Alphacool VPP 655 pump the whole thing is ghostly quiet when running and the quick disconnects don't seem to impede flow much at all. I'll try and get some more images up on the forum as this little test bench is one of my most treasured possessions. I know it was bought from PC Case Gear in Melbourne some years ago but I'd have to ask my mate exactly how old it is. I can squeeze EATX motherboards in so I probably won't worry too much about trying to land a Dimastech bench on our shores but I am assured that they can/will deliver here if contacted directly. I wish I could have held on to all the wonderful enclosures I've owned over the years but this one's a keeper a bit like my friends wife.

5. Lakeland

Lakeland New Member

I found a couple of images in my phone