1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corsair RM750X Custom Cables

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Varacolaci, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Varacolaci

Varacolaci New Member

Hello I am in the process of building a new pc and i got a corsair RM750x as PSU thinking on sleeving the cables to realize that it has this horrendous caps in the cables and a lot of 2 cables 1 pin endings my questions are can I do the new cables without the caps?
    Should I look for another PSU instead? if so which one can you recommend me for easier sleeving with similar or better performance?

thank you very much

2. freeq

freeq Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums.

You could remove the capacitors, but I don't suggest that. The PSU will work without them, but they are there for a reason after all. Instead of removing them, I suggest moving them to a suitable location where they won't be a visual disturbance.
    I recently did this with a Superflower PSU. It took some extra time, but compared to the overall process, it was a minor addition.
    Split wires are present in many PSU's these days, so if you decide for another PSU that doesn't have in-line capacitors within it's cables, you will probably have some splitted wires anyways.

Whether you should look for another PSU depends primarily on how much work you want to invest in custom cables. I would probably stick to the RM750X and go the extra mile.

I could look for more easy to sleeve PSU. Let me know if you want me to.
    If you don't insist on sleeving the cables yourself, you could take a look at the Singularity Computers store, where you can order single cables or entire sets for every PSU.

Regards

3. Varacolaci

Varacolaci New Member

Thank you for the response, I was looking for the cables for this psu in the store, but sadly I live in the other side of the world and shipping cost me as much as the cable them selves making them really expensive.
    I think I´ll follow your advice and go the extra mile and sleeve this PSU
    I was looking for the Cooler Master v750 wich seems to be very good PSU and have not caps in the cable, i guess it has split wires but those I find easier to sleeve since I try to make them 2 wires 1 pin most of the time so they can be treathen as 2 separate cables till the very end
    May the next PSU I try to sleeve would be a CM VXXX just to try it out

4. freeq

freeq Administrator Staff Member

Great. Let me know how it goes.