1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best fans for radiators

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adi firdhaus, Dec 6, 2017.

1. adi firdhaus

adi firdhaus New Member

Hello everyone. I would like to ask about the best fans configurations for radiators because there are so many reviews on fans but not all covering the best temperature, price to performance and best of the best regarding on what type of case you are using. Thanks in advance.

2. freeq

freeq Administrator Staff Member

That is hard to answer. Which fans are best suited for a specific scenario, depends on the scenario.

3. adi firdhaus

adi firdhaus New Member

lets say if im using thermaltake view 71 tg and using a 360 rad with 45mm thick and a 360 rad with 60mm thick. will it support push pull config. what type of fan (brand) you recommend.

4. freeq

Okay. I never used this case, but the Thermaltake site offered some information.
    If you really want to go for push/pull, it seems to me that the front radiator mouting position offers enough clearance for this. You might be able to even add a pump & res combo to it.
    The 'right' radiator mount has an odd positioning, the top radiator mount won't offer enough clearance to the mainboard for push/pull.

So maybe you want to use:
    • Push/pull at the front
    &
    • Pull at the top

I have no way of verifying this, I'm just judging from these pictures:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't know what components you want to cool, but I assume that the two 360mm radiators can dissipate more than enough heat.
    If that's the case, we can choose the fans accordingly.

Are you going to use fan controller, maybe even an Aquaero?

Regards

5. adi firdhaus

adi firdhaus New Member

Thank you for the guide. Maybe i will be using a fan controller for it. Thank you for your time to reply this. Really appreciate it.

6. freeq

You're welcome. I'll suggest a few fans later.

Meanwhile, you might be interested in this video, showing off the vast possibilities using an Aquaero for controlling the cooling system:

7. freeq

Do you want fans with lighting?

8. adi firdhaus

adi firdhaus New Member

yes with rgb. i still don't know which are the best between corsair or thermaltake .

9. adi firdhaus

adi firdhaus New Member

how much is the build #24 cost?

10. freeq

I don't know.
    I had good results with the non-RGB version of the Corsair Magnetic Levitation fans (ML-Series), and - from what I know - they even have enhanced the rotor of the RGB version, resulting in better performance and better noise levels.

These PWM fans have a wide RPM range (400 - 1600 RPM +/- 10%), which is great for your use case.
    You'll probably never need them to run at high or even maximum speed, because you have more than sufficient radiator capacities.

They can be purchased as a set of three fans including a fan/lighting controller, but they are quite expensive anyways:
    ML120 PRO RGB LED 120MM PWM

If you however prefer maximum brightness over performance, noise levels and durability, there are other options.